June 5, 2008

My Blood Hurts



Sunday night, Laura and I were sitting on the couch looking at pictures from my trip, when we heard a noise that sounded like something was digging through our trash. When we investigated it a little further the noise wasn’t coming from outside our door but from the kitchen. Opening the counter under the sink I revealed a wee possum, who had climbed in through the plumbing chase and then through the oversized hole for the sink drain. We scooped him up in a pot with a spatula and kept him for a few minutes in our trash can, in order to get a picture (we tried feeding him a tortilla, but he was a little too scared to eat it). I released him back outside (I must not have gotten any of my father's varmit killing genes). Here is a picture of the little guy:


Oh and if anyone can guess the reference in my title, they get bonus points.

5 comments:

Brian Franklin said...

How cool! Although, your dad may be very disappointed in you.

No, I can't guess your post-title's origin, but what does it have to do with your actual post?

Jacob Haynes said...

I'm a little disappointed Brian. Of all the people reading my blog you were one of the few I expected to recognize the reference. I guess in your defense it has been a while since your DBU days. Does "I met a possum." help?

Unknown said...

So good!

Jacob Haynes said...

Michael wins!

Lots of bonus points (accompinied by the sounds when Mario finished a level by jumping on the flag)

Laura H. said...

When you fal in a bottomless pit you die of starvation.

Could somebody throw me a lunchable or a juicebox or something?