July 30, 2010

IF - Artificial

While I didn’t do a drawn illustration today, I did make an object that I believe will serve nicely for the IF topic this week.  I made a miniature lego version of Manhattan.  If one defines artificial as something created by man, Manhattan is one of the top places in the world where man’s hand is ubiquitous.  And to top off the artificial theme, this object of an artificial place is made by me with artificial material (plastic) with artificial means (laser cutter).  What is even more ironic is that I don’t really believe there is such a thing as artificial, though that is a discussion for another day.  On with the pictures:

Some more views:

 A comparison with Google Earth:

5 comments:

Fred said...

Brilliant.

Christi said...

I love it :)

deeol said...

Very cool.

Linda Hensley said...

I agree, this is cool. I like most things with Legos, but I like what you did by cutting them.

Tami Cohen said...

awesomeness.