October 2, 2008

Concert

Sorry it’s been awhile since I have posted anything. Work has been going great with much design to do (so little time to write blog posts). This last Monday I went to go see Sam Beam (aka Iron and Wine) and Glen Hansard (aka the Swell Season) in concert. It was one of the best large concerts that I have been to. There was very little production to it, no fancy background images or fog, just great music and fun stories. Beam is one of the best lyricists I have run across and Hansard & co. really put on a fun show, effortlessly getting the audience into the music.

Here are some videos of these guys I found on YouTube (keep in mind the low quality of the videos does not do justice to the music):

The Swell Season



Iron and Wine





And here is a sketch of Beam I did at the concert. Not the best in the world but it was done standing up and I couldn't see the page I was drawing on. Kindof like the game in Cranium when you have to draw things with your eyes closed. It does highlight his awesome beard though.


No comments: