February 24, 2011

Modular Slotted Toys

At work I am in a small lull between big projects and I was asked to help out on a design for a modular display system for our firm’s work.  So with the help of the ever handy laser cutter I ended up making what amounted to several fun, tinker-toy-esque models.  Once we complete the finished display I'll put up pictures (will be ready in early April).

The circular module.



Ended up being rather organic - almost leaf like.

The diamond module.


Ended up being crystaline with a complex spatial quality.

The square module.



This is the one we'll go with as it provides the most stability with the most display type of areas.

2 comments:

Laura said...

These are fun. Do we get to keep the rejected models? I like the circular one.

Anonymous said...

dam they pay you to play dad