November 16, 2010

Aronofsky to Direct the Next Wolverine Movie


Darren Aronofsky is slated to direct the next Wolverine film with Hugh Jackman back as Wolverine although it won’t be necessarily connected to the other x-men and wolverine films.  It will revolve around Wolverine’s adventures/tragedies in Japan.

Sometimes the universe aligns in such a way that it seems to cater to your specific whims – and when this happens you usually can’t really believe it to be true.  This movie announcement is one of those times for me.  Aronofsky – who is one of my favorite directors – is tackling a superhero movie?  Next thing you know Miyazaki will announce his plans to animate Lewis’s Out of the Silent Planet.

So in honor of this news I did a quick sketch of Wolverine in the infamous scene from Pi:

(PS Thanks to Brian for the heads up)

1 comment:

Brian Franklin said...

I expected you'd be pretty psyched. I did not expect wolverine drilling into his own head.

(I also didn't expect the newcomer Hugh JACKSON to be acting!)